Samsung Onyx Cinema LED Theatre Launched in India
The inauguration of the first-ever Samsung Onyx Cinema LED was carried out by Samsung India today and this advanced technology is expected to present unmatchable picture quality and colours that show the movie the way the producers intended it to be seen in its purest form imaginable.
This will also set the benchmark in the entertainment business as it will be seen as a great milestone for the whole industry due to the introduction of such innovation coming to theatres. In case you are wondering, it will now be showing at PVR icon, Vasant Kunj, which is located in New Delhi. Mr Puneet Sethi, the Vice President for Consumer Electronics Enterprise Business, Samsung India stated in blissful words that the passion and enthusiasm for movies in India are unrivalled.
The Samsung Onyx LED screen includes a number of solutions like Onyx View, Onyx 3D and Onyx Sound, all of which aim to offer an immersive viewing experience. As of now, the Onyx LED display will only be seen in PVR Icon in Vasant Kunj and there is no word yet on when we can expect to see the technology being used across PVR cinemas in the country.
“India is a film loving country. Our movies are full of vibrant colours and rich music. Samsung Onyx Cinema LED will be the true solution for such content and we believe this technology will be a ‘Blockbuster’ in the film industry. It is going to revolutionize the movie viewing experience of the movie lovers,” said Puneet Sethi, Vice President, Consumer Electronics Enterprise Business, Samsung India.
Read more | Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi Movie Review
5 things to know about the new LED cinema screen from Samsung:
1. The first HDR & DCI Certified 4K LED technology aims to amplify audiences’ experience with its futuristic features — Onyx View, Onyx 3D and Onyx Sound. The display system works with any venue configuration without compromising on visual quality. It claims to be a superior technology than traditional projectors.
2. The 3D Samsung Onyx Cinema LED screen ensures that you can see even minor visual details with unprecedented clarity, making it easier to read subtitles even with your 3D glasses unlike the existing movie theatre projection system.
3. The screen delivers High Dynamic Range (HDR) to the cinema, showcasing on-screen content at peak brightness level – nearly 10 times greater than that offered by standard cinema projectors (146 fL versus 14 fL). The display delivers improved uniformity, free of optical distortion and interference.
4. The screen maintains its advanced presentation capabilities in ambient lighting conditions, regardless of the featured on-screen content. It also accommodates users who wish to utilize their theatres for corporate events, concerts and sports event viewing, and gaming competitions.
5. For the sound system, the LED screen comes with state-of-the-art Samsung Onyx surround sound experience from JBL by Harman International and Samsung’s Audio Lab. Samsung says the technology expands the audio “sweet spot” while ensuring that all attendees can enjoy the same experience regardless of seat location within the theatre.
Samsung First Onyx Cinema LED Theatre
Balaji Arcade, Whitefield main road, Adj Forum value mall, whitefield, Bangalore 560067
NR Complex, Tumkur Road, Diag Opp Rockline Mall, T Dasarahalli, Bangalore 560057
PVR Towers, Kathriguppe Main Road, 80ft Road, Banashankari 3rd stage, Bangalore 560085
Pragati Plaza, Opp Biocon, Hebbagodi, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560099
93/1, Ground Floor, Devaki Apparao Layout, Kowdenahalli, Ramamurthinagar Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560016
3214/2806/313/1297, Mohammed Hussain Complex, K R Road, Hoskote, Bangalore-562114
No. 25, Ground Floor, 17th Cross, MRC Road, Viajayanagar, Bangalore-560040
Survey no 88, Munnekolalu village, Varthur Hobli, Marathahalli, Bangalore 560037.
No.1479, No.1, Neeladri Road, Electronic City, Dodthogur Village, Bangalore – 560100